Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Same Girl, New Songs

You may know me, you may not. The names have been changed to protect the innocent as well as the guilty.
I live a fairly mundane life, but I am in control (mostly) of my own destiny and it is a good place to be.
Considering everything that is "not right" with my life right now (divorced, living at my parents, unemployed...) I really cannot complain too awful much. Matter of fact, I am the happiest I have been in a long time.
There are a lot of little reasons for that happiness and they all add up to create something wonderful, amazing and unbelieveable.
Yes, there is someone 'new' in my life and while he does most definitely put a smile on my face, that relationship isn't the end all-be all of my existence. I've come to understand what it means to really "take care of #1 and everything else will fall into place."
It's like I'm looking at things through new eyes these past few months. The colors are brighter and crisper than I remember. I find myself taking pleasure in the smallest little things and having that glow last for hours and hours: drinking my morning coffee on the patio as the sun comes up around the house, a walk through the wooded area near the pond, sitting in the greass with a good book and glass of iced tea, sitting down to dinner every night and talking about the events of the day and just the overall good feeling that comes from doing something that makes me feel good.

I get it now. It's not a fairy-tale or something that only happens to other people. I don't know why this is so different that anything I have ever experienced in my life but it's definitely a good thing. Chalk it up to age, experience (or lack thereof) being in the right place at the right time or just Mr. & Mrs. Fate shining that light on me but I could find myself getting used to this.

No comments: